WooCommerce abandoned cart is a major issue for every eCommerce business owner.
According to a statistic, the average abandoned cart rate is around 70%. This means as an eCommerce business owner, you’re missing out on 7 out of your 10 potential customers, and their revenues.
However, you may not be able to recover every single abandoned cart, but you can definitely recover at least a portion of those carts, which can make huge improvements to your bottom line. A WooCommerce abandoned cart recovery plugin helps you bring back visitors even after they’ve abandoned their carts and left your site.
But choose the right tool among a wide range of options could be challenging. To help you out, today, we’re going to share a list of the best 5 WooCommerce abandoned cart recovery plugins.
So, stick to this guide to choose the best plugin for your eCommerce site.
Why Do You Need a WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Recovery Plugin
Before choosing and using a WooCommerce abandoned cart recovery plugin, you need to find out why your customers leave your site without buying the products even after adding them to their carts.
We have pointed out some crucial reasons behind the cart abandonment. Let’s check it out!
- Unusual Shipping Costs: Unusual means surprising shipping costs. Like, if you add a shipping cost at the end of the checkout process, expect a higher cart abandonment rate. Generally, customers like transparency, so it’s important that you provide an accurate figure. If an unexpected charge is added at the end, it’s definitely going to affect your cart abandonment rate.
- Price Comparisons: This one is a common scenario. If a customer finds the same product being sold at a cheaper price elsewhere, he’ll probably abandon your cart and buy that product from another place.
- Lack of Payment Options: Offering different payment options is a smart practice. Your customers may abandon their carts if you fail to provide them with a suitable payment option. Also, payment options should be shown prominently on your website instead of on the last checkout screen.
- Complicated Checkout: This one’s equally important. You have to ensure that the checkout page is not overly complicated. It should be as simple as possible.
- Change of mind: A customer may have a mood shift midway through their purchase. If they decide against buying, they will simply abandon their carts and close the website.
An Abandoned Cart plugin helps to retarget these customers by offering some smart strategies.
It allows you to create automatic and well-timed email reminders to be sent to your customers who have added your products to their cart but did not complete the order. As a result, with this plugin, you will start recovering at least 30% or more of your lost sales.
5 Best WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Recovery Plugins
Now you know a WooCommerce abandoned cart recovery plugin can help you to recover your carts. However, which plugin can help you the most in this regard?
There is a long range of WooCommerce abandoned cart recovery plugins. Among them, we have selected 5 top plugins for you. Let’s take a quick look at the list.
- WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Recovery
- Abandoned Cart Lite for WooCommerce
Now let us show you detailed information about each of the plugins mentioned above. We are going to start with the first one- CartPulse.
CartPulse is a new WooCommerce abandoned cart recovery plugin in the market. If you compare it with the rest of the plugins that we have mentioned here, probably this one falls behind in some crucial categories like the number of active installations, user ratings, and user base.
However, one thing that makes us convinced to mention this plugin in this list is its features. After having so many WooCommerce abandoned cart recovery plugins, still, there are nearly 70% of carts remain abandoned. To fill this void, this plugin has been brought to you. And we think this will work as a game changer with its amazing feature list.
So, if you want to try a new plugin without paying much compared to its competitors (also, there is a free version available), we would like to recommend the CartPulse abandoned cart recovery plugin.
CartPulse Key Features
- Abandoned cart tracking
- Enable guests to add cart
- Notify admin for abandoned and recovered cart
- Email templates are customizable with Gutenberg Block Editor’s drag-and-drop feature
- Automate email campaign for abandoned cart recovery
- Abandoned cart vs recovered cart report data with date filter
2. WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Recovery
WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Recovery is a 100% free cart recovery plugin from the CartFlows team, which is co-owned by some of the same people behind the massively popular WordPress themes.
It’s the most popular WooCommerce cart abandonment plugin at WordPress.org by a good margin, though part of that is because it comes bundled with the most popular theme’s importable WooCommerce demo sites.
If a user doesn’t complete their purchase within 15 minutes, it starts sending a series of abandoned cart reminder emails which you can customize. Overall, it’s fairly simple, but it gets the job done and it’s 100% free, so there’s nothing to complain about!
Key Features of WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Recovery
- Send one or more emails in a sequence.
- Customize email content using the Classic TinyMCE editor. It’s not a visual builder, but it makes it easy to customize the textual content.
- Statistics dashboard to track abandoned/recovered carts and revenue.
- Option to generate a unique coupon code as an incentive for shoppers to complete their orders.
3. Abandoned Cart Lite for WooCommerce
Abandoned Cart Lite for WooCommerce is another popular abandoned cart recovery plugin. With a nice suite of features, Abandoned Cart Lite for WooCommerce is an easy-to-use plugin that helps you recover sales on autopilot.
On top of helping customers to complete purchases straight from their mailboxes, Abandoned Cart Lite allows you to view abandoned cart order info including products abandoned, and so on. All you need is your customer’s email address, and you’ll have a full WooCommerce abandoned cart recovery system in place.
Abandoned Cart Lite for WooCommerce Key Features
- When an order is recovered, the admin is notified by email
- Allows you to create automatic and well-timed email reminders
- Create unlimited email templates
- Track abandoned orders value
- Automatically stops email notifications
CartBounty is an excellent choice for WooCommerce store owners looking for a feature-laden plugin with a host of different features. It’s a live shopping cart monitor that comes in both a free and premium flavor.
The free version of CartBounty offers sufficient tools to track logged-in users’ shopping, save/view ghost carts, send abandoned cart reminders, and even remember checkout fields. It’s an incredibly intuitive plugin that lets you quickly optimize and automate your shopping cart abandonment emails.
CartBounty Key Features
- Live shopping cart monitoring
- Send one or more abandoned cart emails using your WordPress mailing method or via ActiveCampaign, GetResponse, or Mailchimp
- Show an exit-intent popup to capture anonymous users’ emails before they check out. The free version includes one style while the Pro version adds more popup styles
- Automatically generate coupon codes to incentivize purchases
- Analytics to track email open/click rates and recovered carts
Another free plugin, Retainful is one of the best abandoned cart recovery plugins for WooCommerce. It allows customers to recover their lost carts with a single click and complete the purchase. As the name suggests, you can create a series of recovery emails to be sent once a customer abandons the cart.
You can automatically send abandoned cart reminders to customers with follow-up emails sent on a timely basis. The plugin provides shortcodes you can use to personalize each abandoned cart email. You can view abandoned cart reports – view recovered value, abandoned cart value, and more.
Retainful Key Features
- Send an email notification to store administrators when a cart is recovered
- Email customers who abandoned their carts automatically
- Provide flat-rate, percentage, and free-shipping discount codes
- Detailed reports of abandoned carts are generated
- Email templates pre-built for abandoning carts
Top 5 WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Recovery Plugins Compared
Here we are going to show you all the information in one place with this comparison table between top WooCommerce abandoned cart recovery plugins. This table is supposed to make you confident in choosing the right plugin for your online marketplace.
|CartPulse||WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Recovery||Abandoned Cart Lite for WooCommerce||CartBounty||Retainful|
|Enable guests to add cart||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Notify admin for abandoned cart||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Customizable email templates||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Drag and drop email editor||Yes||No||No||No||Yes|
|Automated email follow-up for cart recovery||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Report data with date filter||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Send coupon for cart recovery||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Recovery Plugin- FAQ(s)
Does WooCommerce have abandoned cart recovery?
By default, WooCommerce doesn’t have the cart recovery feature. However, you can recover your abandoned cart using an abandoned cart recovery plugin. This plugin can help you to track, and recover abandoned carts in the easiest way possible from your WordPress dashboard.
What is WooCommerce abandoned cart?
When a customer adds a product to the cart and leaves it without buying the product, it’s called WooCommerce abandoned cart. The average WooCommerce abandoned cart rate is around 70%. That means 70 out of 100 of your customers add products to the carts from your website and leave your site without purchasing them.
What is abandoned cart recovery?
Abandoned cart recovery is the process of sending an email campaign to those customers who leave your site without buying the products even after adding them to their carts. You can send them emails to remind them or send discount codes with the email so that they feel motivated to buy the products.
How do I create an abandoned cart email in WooCommerce?
To create an abandoned cart email, you have to use a WooCommerce abandoned cart recovery plugin. This plugin lets you create personalized emails for sending to your target customers.
How do I track abandoned carts?
Tracking abandoned carts is possible with a WooCommerce abandoned cart recovery plugin. Almost every cart abandonment plugin comes with the abandoned cart tracking feature. So, using one of them can help you track your abandoned cart effortlessly.
Which WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Recovery Plugin Would You Choose?
WooCommerce cart abandonment recovery plugin is mandatory if you want to recover your cart at least the bare minimum. Recovering at least 10% of your carts is better than losing around 70% of your carts, right?
So, what are you waiting for? Choose an abandoned cart recovery plugin for WooCommerce and use it on your site to get the best result out of it.
Which one are you going to choose? Let us know through the comment box below. Or, are you already using a plugin that we haven’t mentioned in this article? You can also comment on that plugin here so that we can feature it in our next update. Thank you!